Digital Currency With Your IRA
Invest in popular digital currency with your IRA on Regent Gold’s Digital Asset Platform
You can now invest your IRA in Bitcoin and other popular digital currencies (also referred to as cryptocurrency) on Regent Gold’s digital asset platform – a robust and user-friendly platform backed by industry leading security protocols.
Investments within a self-directed IRA can grow in a tax-advantaged environment, allowing you to build future wealth. Below are some frequently asked questions about investing in a self-directed IRA in Bitcoin, or other cryptocurrencies, and Regent Gold’s digital asset platform.
FAQs about investing IRAs in Digital Currency
What is Digital Currency (or Cryptocurrency)?
- A digital currency is designed to work as a medium of exchange.
- To do this, it uses cryptography to secure and verify transactions as well as control the creation of new units of a currency.
- Essentially, digital currencies are limited entries in a database that no one can change unless specific conditions are fulfilled
What are potential benefits of using an IRA to invest in digital currency?
A possible benefit of investing digital currencies with an IRA includes the potential tax advantages of using a qualified retirement account.
What types of digital currencies are available on Regent Gold’s digital asset platform?
Regent Gold currently supports the following currencies to be held in your self-directed account:
- Bitcoin Cash
- Ethereum Classic
How do you get started on the Regent Gold digital asset platform?
There are three steps to getting started:
- Open and fund an IRA account with Regent Gold.
- Complete the digital asset platform disclosure. It includes critical information about digital currency risks and associated fees.
- Begin purchasing digital currency through Regent Gold. You can begin buying and selling digital currency.
How long does it take to purchase and for a transaction to settle?
After your digital asset transaction is submitted through the Regent Gold, the transaction will settle on the trade date plus one (“T+1”), or next day settlement.
How secure is my digital currency and where is it held?
Regent Gold’s digital asset platform has industry leading security protocols, including multi-factor authentication for platform access and multi-signature wallet access verification. Your digital currency will be held in a secure offline “cold storage” vault that is not connected to internet. We partnered with Vo1t, a digital asset custodian, who uses cybersecurity best practices to create a secure vault for your assets.
What is Regent Gold’s role in the process?
Regent Gold facilitates the purchase and sale of digital currencies.
- During the purchase process, Regent Gold ensures the funds are pulled from your IRA and used to purchase digital currency from a digital currency liquidity provider (Genesis Global Trading) or exchange. After the purchase is made on the exchange, Regent Gold ensures your currency is safely and securely sent to a digital asset vault (Vo1t), and your assets are properly recorded within your IRA account;
- During the sale process, Regent Gold ensures that the digital currencies requested to be sold are pulled from the secure vault (Vo1t), and sold with a digital currency liquidity provider (Genesis Global Trading) or exchange. Regent Gold receives the cash proceeds from the sale and places the funds into your IRA account.
What are the fees associated with Equity Trust’s digital asset platform?
- There are low costs and minimums to get started: No “transfer in” fee, just one low platform establishment fee of only $500, regardless of account size
- Minimum $10,000 available cash in the platform required at the time of first trade
Call our digital team at 800-496-5945 to get started!
Prior to making any investment decisions, please consult with the appropriate legal, tax, and/or investment professionals for advice. As a self-directed IRA custodian, Regent Gold does not provide investment advice or risk assessment of any investment. The digital currency market may experience a high degree of volatility and clients should consult with an investment professional before any investment is made.